top of page
  • David Do

Is Your Auto Insurance Policy Really "FULL-COVERAGE"?

After an auto collision, it is too late to find out that the policy your neighborhood insurance agent sold to you as "full-coverage" auto insurance is actually NOT full-coverage. I have seen so many injured clients who are shocked to find out that what their agent sold them as "full-coverage" was merely the California minimum liability coverage requirements pursuant to California Insurance Code Section 11580.1(b), which is:

  • $15,000.00 for injury/death to one person;

  • $30,000.00 for injury/death to more than one person; and

  • $5,000.00 for damage to property.

The above coverage is what is actually known as "liability one way" insurance because it only protects you one way--if you are at fault. However, you are without coverage and compensation if either an uninsured driver or an underinsured driver strikes your vehicle and you and/or your passengers are seriously injured.

Make sure that your auto policy contains the following coverages:

  • Under/Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury

  • Under/Uninsured Motorist Property Damage

  • Medical Payments Provision

  • Collision

  • Comprehensive

If you do not have the above coverages, then you should contact your insurance agent at Farmers, State Farm, Geico, Wawanesa, Allstate, Ameriprise, USAA, Progressive, or Fred Loya to make sure that they sold you the right policies to protect you and your family.

And if you do have the above coverages AND you or your loved ones are injured in a vehicle collision contact our office to see how our team can recover funds to cover your medical care, damages and compensation.

62 views0 comments


bottom of page